- Worked on a game using lua and the love2D game engine
- Built the microphone amplifier
- Android Programming
My winter break is coming to an end and I have to admit that I have no been as productive as I wanted to be. I been getting a lot of sleep and just spending time with friends and family. I did take some time out to finish the microphone amplifier but I found that It did not quite work. It picked up sound but it would not output the exact same sound. I’m still trying to figure out what is wrong with the schematic.
A big project that I spent some time on was working on a game with my friends. I teamed up with a friend studying computer science and math at UCSD, a friend studying computer engineering at CSUF, and a friend studying studio art at UCI. We make a fine team but because of our schedules, we couldn’t commit as much as we hoped. We did get most of the basics down but the game’s functionality are still a bit off. In short, our game is a rocket travelling in space shooting at targets. We got the rocket to move around and not leave the screen but the problem is that the rocket’s projectiles are not shooting at the correct location. Here is the repo for the project: https://github.com/steven-lam/Lua/tree/master/Game%201
For Christmas, I was given a nexus 7 tablet from my brothers. I attempted the first two tutorials from the android developer’s website: http://developer.android.com/training/index.html They were very successful but I stopped android programming because I became lazy and continued to spend time with family and friends. I hope to return to android programming when I finish the game or possibly finish a few projects because I am currently discouraged since most of my projects are not turning up so well.